What's new

Blakesburg, IA Antique Aircraft Association

Katzenjammer

Soloed!!
I flew into the AAA annual convention at Blakesburg, southwest of Ottumwa, Friday. It runs from Tuesday, August 29 to Monday, September 4th.
I have flown in there frequently over the years. You see the most gorgeously restored old airplanes. It's much more intimate than Oshkosh.
No radios in the pattern. Look outside, get in the pattern and obey the flagman. 2300 ft grass strip.
A museum with lots of old airplanes, engines and "stuff".
Caterer on the grounds, also pie and ice cream. Rides given throughout the day.
It's a fun place to visit.

I flew into the AAA annual convention at Blakesburg, southwest of Ottumwa, Friday. It runs from Tuesday, August 29 to Monday, September 4th.
I have flown in there frequently over the years. You see the most gorgeously restored old airplanes. It's much more intimate than Oshkosh.
No radios in the pattern. Look outside, get in the pattern and obey the flagman. 2300 ft grass strip.
A museum with lots of old airplanes, engines and "stuff".
Caterer on the grounds, also pie and ice cream. Rides given throughout the day.
It's a fun place to visit.
That's on my list of things to do someday.

I forget - do you have to have a showplacne showplane to fly in? There was some event where I think you did...

Last edited:
That's on my list of things to do someday.

I forget - do you have to have a showplace to fly in? There was some event where I think you did...
No, you do not have to have a show plane to fly in. You do, however, need to be an AAA member to attend. No problem if you aren’t. You can sign up on site.

Top Bottom