What's new

Very quite in here recently

Scrabo

Private Pilot
Where is everyone?

Work work work.

Come into last and join the conversation!

Retirement retirement retirement. You would think I would be less busy after leaving the workforce, but no, volunteer opportunities, winter sports activities, and non-GA travel are eating up my time! (A good problem to have.) Now if I can just get my plane out of annual, flying season is nigh and there are places to go!

I'm making that turn to retirement myself, and have enjoyed this new "pace of life"... I can take more time to do the things I want (or need) to do, without having to cram things in to a weekend or a day off. I'm still fishing around looking for another passion or two to take up, but I've dusted off a few hobbies I used to do and have found them to be fun and comforting. I'm also finding that locking myself in to things I used to do, just because it used to be fun, doesn't work for me. Life's too short... I want to try new things and shed those old pastimes that aren't working for me anymore.

I'm making that turn to retirement myself, and have enjoyed this new "pace of life"... I can take more time to do the things I want (or need) to do, without having to cram things in to a weekend or a day off. I'm still fishing around looking for another passion or two to take up, but I've dusted off a few hobbies I used to do and have found them to be fun and comforting. I'm also finding that locking myself in to things I used to do, just because it used to be fun, doesn't work for me. Life's too short... I want to try new things and shed those old pastimes that aren't working for me anymore.
Very true! Retired myself (and wife, too), about 2 1/2 years ago. Have definitely stayed busier then when we worked. Did catch myself with too many hobbies, so have started to let some go.

For me, if it’s 65, I’ve got 11 more years!!

I retired three years ago, but started a new business around a new idea and have been heads down for the last year getting my product built and preparing to go to market. I haven’t had a lot of free time for flying or tennis. I’m still lurking here occasionally.

Top Bottom