What's new

Icon Aircraft seeks bankruptcy protection

Aeromot

Superior Pilot
Incidentally, I saw one of those flying at KPLU earlier this year. It's a cute little toy airplane, looks like fun for what it is.

Another one bites the dust. Van's, now Icon.
What about the bag holders (aka: customers who put down deposits; vendors; employees; etc.)?
American General Aviation -- a great industry to be in. Not.

Even though the prices of used aircraft have doubled, they are still a much better deal than new planes.

The ownership contract restrictions ultimately made this a no-go. It was, for all practical finance purposes, an up-front, single-payment lease on a depreciating asset, with no re-sale value to a willing market, only the captive Icon.

Selling it's soul for up-front cash, while attempting to sell a $100,000 value aircraft for 4-times that amount, was the final nail in the coffin.

Us old-timers have seen this movie many times before, and will see it many times again.

Fly Safe!

The ownership contract restrictions ultimately made this a no-go. It was, for all practical finance purposes, an up-front, single-payment lease on a depreciating asset, with no re-sale value to a willing market, only the captive Icon.

Selling it's soul for up-front cash, while attempting to sell a $100,000 value aircraft for 4-times that amount, was the final nail in the coffin.

Us old-timers have seen this movie many times before, and will see it many times again.

Fly Safe!
I looked back through an old thread from 2016. They had pre-buys locked in at $139k purchase prices. They came up with the contract to force people to abandon their positions so they could increase purchase prices. I would’ve never signed one of their contracts to restrict my title. I know Ferrari does it, though, so they were copying the exotic car market.

Top Bottom